Website Chair Application
The Chapter Website Committee Chair plans, designs, and ensures the upkeep and quality of Chapter Website. Works in conjunction with Newsletter Chair and Social Media Chair.
- Coordinates with Chapter President changes to website design
- Identify topics and issues to be covered in the publication.
- Solicit articles from Chapter Officers, committee chairs, members, and outside contributors, as appropriate.
- Edit articles for compliance with AMTA mission, goals, strategic plan and Chapter objectives.
- Check website after edits, making sure to check for dropped text or incorrect labeling of article location. (Items often shift during editing)
- Solicit advertising, within AMTA advertising guidelines, to help offset publication costs.
- Renewal of URL and Wufoo
- Setup PayPal and Registration for Convention
- Setup appropriate information for Convention
- Add Meeting Minutes, Agendas, News, etc. as needed
- To attend CEU classes at state convention at a lesser fee or at no cost, must meet the required chapter participation as set forth in policy for attending meetings and outreach events.
- Submit proposed budget of any expected costs to Financial Administrator a minimum of 30 days prior to budget meeting. Seek and obtain approval of expenses to be covered by budgeted Chapter funds.
- Seek and obtain approval from the Board of Directors for all activities to be done under the name of the AMTA-LA Chapter.
- Failure to follow these responsibilities will lead to termination of the Chair Position or non-reimbursement of expenses incurred.
Website should be updated and email alert sent to the membership after newsletter is published and for other news releases not to exceed 1 posting every 30 days.
Desired Qualities/Qualifications of Website Committee Chair
- Previous writing and/or editorial experience with good English and grammar skills.
- Detail oriented and able to plan and meet deadlines.
- Reliable high-speed internet access is a must.
Must be a professional member in good standing; sign the AMTA National Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Term of Service
Appointed positions will be for a term of one (1) year or until successors are appointed.
Vacancy & Succession
A vacancy may be filled by appointment by the Chapter President with the approval of the Chapter Board at any Board, Chapter, or special meeting.
Removal from Service
The Website Committee Chair shall automatically be disqualified to serve if dues for the current year are not paid; the individual holds an office, directorship or chair ship concurrently in another massage organization where there may be a conflict of interest with AMTA or for failure to perform required duties.
Chair fails to uphold and abide by National AMTA Bylaws, Policy, Job Description, Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct, Chapter Rules of Engagement, Chapter Standing Rules, and Financial Policies & Procedures.
This position functions as prescribed by the Chapter Board and has no general authority to act on behalf of AMTA or the Chapter or to commit AMTA funds.
The Website Chair is accountable to the Chapter Board by appointment and reports to the Chapter President, designated supervising Vice President, or Chapter Board of Directors. The Website Chair agrees to uphold and abide by National AMTA Bylaws, Policy, Job Description, Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct, Chapter Rules of Engagement, Chapter Standing Rules, and Financial Policies & Procedures.