Online Election Coordinator Application
Online Election Coordinator
Online election coordinator works with the online election vendor, chapter board and candidates to oversee the candidacy and online election process in accordance with the procedural documents pertaining to online ballot elections.
Must be a Professional Member in good standing. Must sign the appropriate AMTA Volunteer Code of Conduct. Agrees to uphold and abide by National AMTA Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Policy, Code of Conduct, Rules of Engagement, and Position Description. Cannot be a member of the chapter board of directors. Cannot be a candidate for elected office (chapter board, delegate or alternate).
Online election coordinator is given authority through chapter board election (appointment) to the position.
Online election coordinator is accountable to the chapter board through regular reporting of their activities.
Term of Office
Term shall begin upon election by chapter board and conclude after online elections are complete and election winners are announced.
- Plan, facilitate and conduct a fair online elections process
- Conduct candidate search for all open positions
- Contact and work with online election vendor
- Work with chapter board to customize candidate applications/online template
- Create communications – reminders, call for candidates, election timeframes
- Publish nomination/election timeline and call for candidates (website, social media, newsletter)
- Collect applications and verify candidate eligibility
- Post bios on election site
- Send approved applications to online vendor
- Obtain election results from vendor
- Contact candidates with results (optional)
- Announce winners at chapter annual meeting (optional, may be announced by chapter president)
- Prepare communication to post results (website, social media, newsletter)
The time commitment is approximately 90 days and averages 3-5 hours per week during the time preparing for and completing the online election process.
Vacancy and Succession
In the event of a vacancy, the chapter board shall elect (appoint) a new online election coordinator. Removal from Office Online election coordinator may be removed from office for failure to:
- Fulfill his/her duties and responsibilities (dereliction of duties)
- Abide by the National AMTA Bylaws, Policy, Position Description, Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct, Chapter Standing Rules, Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Keep AMTA membership dues current.
Removal shall occur upon recommendation from a chapter board member with a two-thirds vote of the entire chapter board.
Current & Past Online Election Coordinator Chair
2018 – 2020