Membership Chair Application
The Membership Chair will oversee all membership outreach and retention programs as well as the creation of new initiatives in recruitment and renewal as directed by the Chapter President and/or Chapter Board of Directors.
- Serve as the primary contact person for the state of Louisiana for non-members interested in information about the LA Chapter.
- Reach out to new members and welcome them to AMTA.
- Reach out to non–renewals and find out why they did not renew.
- Keep the AMTA-LA membership and Chapter Board of Directors updated on membership changes.
- Provide current membership list only to the Chapter President and Chapter Board of Directors to ensure the confidentiality of such lists.
- Submit new member and reinstated member info to Newsletter editor each quarter, along with membership article. Contact National for information on 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 year members, to be published in the newsletter and forward this information to the Awards Chair to be presented at all Chapter meetings.
- Provide AMTA membership information to schools that have requested contact and organize a network of volunteer members to be student recruitment designees for membership outreach to students in these schools.
- Form a committee of volunteers to help with schools in their area to assure that all massage schools in the state are covered.
- Maintain on-going communication with the Chapter President, designated supervising Board Member, and Chapter Board of Directors and submit written updates as requested.
- Attend Board of Director Meetings either in person or via teleconference or provide President or Secretary with a written report prior to the meeting.
- To attend CEU classes at state convention at a lesser fee or at no cost must meet the required chapter participation as set forth in policy for attending meetings and outreach events.
- Provide a minimum of two written reports per year to be published in Louisiana Touchon and/or Chapter Website.
- Prepare and submit appropriate information for the budgetary process to the Financial Administrator prior to the annual budget meeting.
- Seek and obtain approval of expenses to be covered by budgeted Chapter funds.
- Seek and obtain approval from the Board of Directors for all activities to be done under the name of the AMTA-LA Chapter.
- Failure to follow these responsibilities will lead to termination of the Chair Position or non-reimbursement of expenses incurred.
To attend CEU classes at state convention at a lesser fee or at no cost, must meet the required chapter participation as set forth in policy for attending meetings and outreach events.
Must be a professional member in good standing; sign the AMTA National Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Term of Service
Appointed positions will be for a term of one (1) year or until successors are appointed.
Vacancy & Succession
A vacancy may be filled by appointment by the Chapter President with the approval of the Chapter Board at any Board, Chapter, or special meeting.
Removal from Service
The Membership Chair shall automatically be disqualified to serve if dues for the current year are not paid; the individual holds an office, directorship or chair-ship concurrently in another massage organization where there may be a conflict of interest with AMTA or for failure to perform required duties.
This position functions as prescribed by the Chapter Board and has no general authority to act on behalf of AMTA or the Chapter or to commit AMTA funds.
The Membership Chair is accountable to the President.
The Membership Chair agrees to uphold and abide by National AMTA Bylaws, Policy, Job Description, Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct.