Convention Committee Member Chair Application
Convention Committee Member Chair
The Convention Committee Chair is someone designated as immediately subordinate to the Education/Convention Chair and assisting Education/Convention Chair when necessary. Responsible for organizing and coordinating Exhibitors for convention. Responsible for goodie bags and items to go in goodie bags.
- Goodie Bags for Attendees o Accept donations o Order goodie bags o Stuff goodie bags
- Serve as host/hostess at each event overseeing exhibitors
- Oversee Exhibitors o Check them in o Show them where to set up o Check on them o Direct attendees to exhibit hall and interact with exhibitors
- To attend CEU classes at state convention at a lesser fee or at no cost, must meet the required chapter participation as set forth in policy for attending meetings and outreach events.
- Assist the Education/Convention Chair in the preparation of the annual budget proposal for the Chapter educational events and submit proposed budget for your role in education events to Treasurer at least 30 days before budget meeting.
- Seek and obtain approval of expenses to be covered by budgeted Chapter funds.
- Seek and obtain approval from the Board of Directors for all activities to be done under the name of the AMTA-LA Chapter.
- Failure to follow these responsibilities will lead to termination of the Chair Position or non-reimbursement of expenses incurred.
Must be a professional member in good standing and sign Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Term of Service
Appointed positions will be for a term of one (1) year or until successors are appointed.
The Convention Committee Chair is accountable to the Chapter President.
Vacancy & Succession Authority
This position functions as prescribed by the Chapter Board and has no general authority to act on behalf of AMTA or the Chapter or to commit AMTA funds. A vacancy may be filled by appointment by the Chapter President with the approval of the Chapter Board at any Board, Chapter, or special meeting.
Removal from Service
The Convention Committee Chair shall automatically be disqualified to serve if dues for the current year are not paid; fails to fulfill her/his duties and responsibilities (dereliction of duties); fails to abide by chapter volunteer code of conduct.