Community Outreach Chair Application
Community Outreach Chair
Proper Title: Community Service Massage Team Outreach Division Chair
The Community Massage Team Outreach Division Chair is responsible for selecting events, preparing for these events and representing massage therapists at AMTA-LA sponsored events.
- To select a team that will devote time to local and regional events.
- To form a committee that will choose community events that offers a variety of interaction opportunities with the public.
- To promote massage, the profession of massage therapy, and the AMTA. General Responsibilities
- To attend CEU classes at state convention at a lesser fee or at no cost, must meet the required chapter participation as set forth in policy for attending meetings and outreach events.
- Provide a written report to be published in Louisiana Touchon a minimum of 1 issue per year.
- Submit proposed budget to Financial Administrator a minimum of 30 days prior to the budget meeting. Seek and obtain approval of expenses to be covered by budgeted Chapter funds.
- Seek and obtain approval from the Board of Directors for all activities to be done under the name of the AMTA-LA Chapter.
- Failure to follow these responsibilities will lead to termination of the Chair Position or non-reimbursement of expenses incurred.
Must be a professional member in good standing and sign the AMTA National Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Term of Service
Appointed positions will be for a term of one (1) year or until successors are appointed.
This position has no authority to act on behalf of the AMTA Chapter or to commit to expenditure of funds without prior approval through the budgeting process.
The Community Massage Team Outreach Division Chair is accountable to the Chapter Board by appointment and reports to the Chapter President.
Vacancy & Succession
A vacancy may be filled by appointment by the Chapter President with the approval of the Chapter Board at any Board, Chapter, or special meeting.
Removal from Office
The Outreach Committee Team Chair shall automatically be disqualified to serve if dues for the current year are not paid; and failure to uphold and abide by National AMTA Bylaws, Policy, Job Description, Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Current & Past
Diane Navarre, 2018 – 2019
allyson johns, 2016 – 2018
dawn hodgpeth, 2016 vice chair