Awards Committee Chair Application
Awards Committee Chair
The Awards Chair is responsible for preparing, selecting, and presenting awards to designated individuals as outlined in the National Awards Presentation Manual and as directed by the Chapter President and Board of Directors.
- Accept responsibilities and duties as assigned by Chapter President and/or Board of Directors.
- Foster and promote a spirit of appreciation toward individuals or groups of people the AMTA wishes to acknowledge.
- Identify these individuals/groups by canvassing the membership and Board members.
- Propose type of award and its presentation to the Chapter President and the Chapter BOD for approval if required.
- Research types of awards (plaque, pin, gift, etc.) and propose types to President and Chapter BOD as required.
- Arrange plan for presentation (time, date, place, presenter, etc.) through the Agenda process.
- Maintain on-going communication with the President and Chapter BOD and submit written reports as requested.
- Responsible for awards and engraving if needed prior to date of presentation.
- Responsible for filing AMTA-LA Chapter Meritorious award in a timely manner (dates issued by National).
- Prepare and submit the annual budget proposal for the Chapter Awards Program to be presented to the Financial Administrator at least 30 days prior to the annual budget planning meeting.
- Seek and obtain approval of expenses to be covered by budgeted Chapter funds.
- Attend Board of Director Meetings when necessary; either in person or via teleconference.
- Provide a written report to be published in Louisiana Touchon at least once a year.
To attend CEU classes at state convention at a lesser fee or at no cost, must meet the required chapter participation as set forth in policy for attending meetings and outreach events.
- Louisiana Chapter Meritorious Award
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Acknowledgement in the newsletter of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years with the AMTA
- Retiring Officer/Board Member Award
- President’s Award
- Humanitarian Award
- Outstanding Volunteer Member Award
Must be a professional member in good standing and sign the Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Term of Service
Appointed positions will be for a term of one (1) year or until a successor is appointed.
Vacancy & Succession
A vacancy may be filled by appointment by the Chapter President with the approval of the Chapter Board at any board, chapter, or special meeting.
Removal from Office
The Awards Chair shall automatically be disqualified to serve failure to:
- Fulfill her/his duties and responsibilities (dereliction of duties).
- Abide by the National AMTA Bylaws, Policy, Job Description, Code of Ethics, and Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- Keep AMTA membership dues current.
This position has no authority to act on behalf of the AMTA Chapter or to commit to expenditure of funds without prior approval through the budgeting process.
The Awards Chair is accountable to the Chapter President.
Current & Past Awards Committee Chair
2020 – 2022
2020 – 2022
2018 – 2019
LaDusta “Dusty” Sonnier
Kristi Nelson Waltrip